Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Things change

I've had a lot go on in the past few weeks. Here's what stands out the most.

* I don't work for JM English School anymore. :) I won't go into the details, but they let me go with positive recommendations and we parted amicably. I'm glad I don't work there anymore and have consequently lined up a new place of employment, Wall Street Institute. http://www.wallstreetinstitute.com/aboutWSI/overview.aspx
I'll be teaching adults come May, which I think I'll enjoy quite a bit more.

* Last week, Anja and Sasha visited me for about a week. We did a lot of touristy stuff, doing a city bus tour, memorials, museums, quirky neighborhoods, etc. I was very happy to see them and spend some time with my siblings. I think they also did. Before Seoul, they spent a few days in Tokyo, which sounded amazing and sounded like Sasha really got a kick out of. I think I've now come to terms that my little brother is a grown person, which took a little getting used to. He also got into all the universities he applied to and I have no doubt he will do well in whichever one he chooses to go to.

* In light of the fact that I don't have a job for the month of April, I'm taking a backpacking adventure through the beautiful countries of Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, and maybe a stop in Vietnam. The itinerary includes Angkor Wat, the largest religious site in the world and where Tomb Raider was filmed, the wild jungles of Laos, and Ko Tao, arguably the mecca of scuba diving in the world. I leave tomorrow morning with my Canadian friend Jon. We will be meeting up with some other friends along the way and I can't wait to see what South East Asia has to offer.

For some reason, blogger.com won't allow me to upload pictures. Hopefully my sister will soon. Otherwise, I'll have to do it in May.



1 comment:

  1. Not only will I post pictures, but I will blog about our visit on my blog: Hanzja.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete